« It is not uncommon for customers to send us vario boxes, but due to poor packaging, parts are lost or damaged during transport and inevitably, the price increases. See examples of good and bad packaging below on this page.
- Strength: I really insist on this point, it is extremely common for the received varios to be damaged because they are placed on a very light palette. It is imperative to use a very solid support (metal or thick wood). The housing often breaks when falling from the palette, which adds 2000€ that can easily be avoided if you use a good support. We generally return the equipment with the same support as on the way, so do not hesitate to send it with a very good support.
- Insurance: Carriers generally only reimburse 1000€ (subject to certain conditions) if you have not requested specific insurance. (Consider taking photos before sending them if necessary).
- Watertightness: For example, by covering it with plastic film, by emptying the oil as much as possible beforehand, or by putting plugs (be careful not to let them enter the equipment).
- Stability: Add wedges, support, straps, or anything else you think is useful. And above all, avoid letting the vario’s feet hang in the air, which regularly causes varios we receive to tip over. You can, for example, lay it on its side, which lowers its center of gravity to prevent the package from tipping over. Be careful not to damage any pipes.
- Packaging the planetary train: It must not move, it is certainly the most important element of the vario, so do not neglect it.
Good example of packaging a vario gearbox
1 Wooden crate for vario packaging
Some customers send us the vario in a wooden crate
2 Official AGCO transport crate
3 Vario gearbox packaged on palette
Bad example of vario gearboxes that have been sent to us
There must be at least one board underneath, otherwise the vario’s foot will slide and the vario will tip over and it may break.
The ideal is always to lay it on its side, it is lower, it carries well flat and the heaviest is at the bottom, it lowers the center of gravity and it prevents the package from tipping over.
If you do not have a carrier, do not hesitate to ask us to use ours.